Welcome to the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club
The Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club is a non-profit family organization with a current membership of over 100 families who have a common interest in both inshore and offshore saltwater angling in North Central Florida.
While our name implies that we are only offshore fishermen, the club really has about an equal mix of inshore and offshore anglers with club meetings and programs equally divided between both types of fishing.
Benefits of membership: It pays to be a member!
Joining the GOFC can easily pay for itself. A small sample of membership benefits include:
- Free entry into GOFC fishing tournaments (with cash payouts!)
- Discounts on SeaTow memberships
- 10% off at the Cedar Key Marina II for storage, bait, and other services
- Regular 10%-off sporting goods coupon for Alachua Farm & Lumber
- Free hat from 61 Outfitters
- …and more! Joining provides access to knowledge and experience thru fellowship with other club members.
Proudly Sponsored By:
Upcoming Events (subscribe)
Feb 2018Seafood and Awards Banquet – 02/23/2018 at 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Mar 2018Sheepshead Shootout - 2018 – 03/03/2018 at 6:30 am - 5:00 pm
Rick Ryals - Monthly Meeting – 03/27/2018 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Apr 2018Guide, Capt. Clay Shidler - Monthly Meeting – 04/24/2018 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
May 2018Paul Van Reenen - Monthly Meeting – 05/22/2018 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Club Hot Shots
Pictures posted to Hot Shots are automatically entered in our yearly Photo Contest!
- All 15 would be a new Atlantic Croaker Club Record
A windy day with slow fishing until we found the Atlantic Croaker. Kept 15, with the largest at 1.31# being more than 3 times the 40+ year old club record, caught by Elaine Turner.
- Lesson learned
Pictured Jack and Melvina Cutright with a Croaker they each caught. Either one would have broken current GOFC record. Only problem, Captain Ed Ellett did not suggest a check until AFTER fish were filleted. Remember to print out club records and have handy!