Welcome to the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club
The Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club is a non-profit family organization with a current membership of over 100 families who have a common interest in both inshore and offshore saltwater angling in North Central Florida.
While our name implies that we are only offshore fishermen, the club really has about an equal mix of inshore and offshore anglers with club meetings and programs equally divided between both types of fishing.
Benefits of membership: It pays to be a member!
Joining the GOFC can easily pay for itself. A small sample of membership benefits include:
- Free entry into GOFC fishing tournaments (with cash payouts!)
- Discounts on SeaTow memberships
- 10% off at the Cedar Key Marina II for storage, bait, and other services
- Regular 10%-off sporting goods coupon for Alachua Farm & Lumber
- …and more! Joining provides access to knowledge and experience thru fellowship with other club members.
Proudly Sponsored By:
Upcoming Events (subscribe)
Aug 2017Monthly Meeting: Social Event at Ballyhoo Grill – 08/22/2017 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Shrimp-a-thon / Learnament – 08/26/2017 at 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Sep 2017Monthly Meeting: UF IFAS Fish Studies and Nature Coast Biological Station Introduction – 09/26/2017 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Oct 2017Redfish Roundup – 10/14/2017 at 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
October Meeting - Motor Maintenance! – 10/24/2017 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Nov 2017Fall Tournament - Cedar Key – 11/04/2017 at 6:45 am - 4:30 pm
Club Hot Shots
Pictures posted to Hot Shots are automatically entered in our yearly Photo Contest!
- Wish they were all like this one!
Palatka, St Johns River, with fellow GOFC member Tom Bacsik – mostly medium size – 3.5-4 gallons in morning trip, 5 gallon, boat limit potential.
- What Jumbo scallop meat looks like – Charlie Courtney, event leader, and, Ed Ellett model
Did some exploring in targeted area and found some nice, jumbo meat size scallops.