Welcome to the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club
The Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club is a non-profit family organization with a current membership of over 100 families who have a common interest in both inshore and offshore saltwater angling in North Central Florida.
While our name implies that we are only offshore fishermen, the club really has about an equal mix of inshore and offshore anglers with club meetings and programs equally divided between both types of fishing.
Benefits of membership: It pays to be a member!
Joining the GOFC can easily pay for itself. A small sample of membership benefits include:
- Free entry into GOFC fishing tournaments (with cash payouts!)
- Discounts on SeaTow memberships ($20 off for new Seatow members; $10 off for renewals)
- 10% off at the Cedar Key Marina II for storage, bait, and other services
- Regular 10%-off sporting goods coupon for Alachua Farm & Lumber
- 10% off from any service from Rub a Dub Dub Cleaning Service
- …and more! Joining provides access to knowledge and experience thru fellowship with other club members.
Proudly Sponsored By:
Upcoming Events (subscribe)
Jun 2019Fish Fry at L&S Auto Trim / Gary's Tackle Box – 06/20/2019 at 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Jul 2019Monthly Meeting – 07/23/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Aug 2019Monthly Meeting - Capt. Tommy Derringer – 08/27/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sep 2019Monthly Meeting - Dr. Mike Allen (IFAS) – 09/24/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Oct 2019Fall Tournament - Cedar Key – 10/12/2019 at 7:15 am - 6:00 pm
Monthly Meeting - Capt. Mark Brady (Steinhatchee) – 10/22/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Nov 2019Redfish/Trout Roundup – 11/09/2019 at 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Club Hot Shots
Pictures posted to Hot Shots are automatically entered in our yearly Photo Contest!
- Spring Middle Grounds Snapper Trip
Made a last minute trip to the middle grounds to check out some new spots and fill up the freezer with mangroves, vermilion, red grouper and kingfish. Nice day.
- Personal best
After trying several likely Cobia spots with no luck ended day catching largest Cobia of my life blind fishing a straight line shiner on Seahorse Reef. Talk about luck – go figure!