Welcome to the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club
The Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club is a non-profit family organization with a current membership of over 100 families who have a common interest in both inshore and offshore saltwater angling in North Central Florida.
While our name implies that we are only offshore fishermen, the club really has about an equal mix of inshore and offshore anglers with club meetings and programs equally divided between both types of fishing.
Benefits of membership: It pays to be a member!
Joining the GOFC can easily pay for itself. A small sample of membership benefits include:
- Free entry into GOFC fishing tournaments (with cash payouts!)
- Discounts on SeaTow memberships ($20 off for new Seatow members; $10 off for renewals)
- 10% off at the Cedar Key Marina II for storage, bait, and other services
- Regular 10%-off sporting goods coupon for Alachua Farm & Lumber
- 10% off from any service from Rub a Dub Dub Cleaning Service
- …and more! Joining provides access to knowledge and experience thru fellowship with other club members.
Proudly Sponsored By:
Upcoming Events (subscribe)
Sep 2019Monthly Meeting - Dr. Mike Allen (IFAS) – 09/24/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Oct 2019Fall Tournament - Cedar Key – 10/12/2019 at 7:15 am - 6:00 pm
Monthly Meeting - Capt. Mark Brady (Steinhatchee) – 10/22/2019 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Nov 2019Redfish/Trout Roundup – 11/09/2019 at 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Club Hot Shots
Pictures posted to Hot Shots are automatically entered in our yearly Photo Contest!
- ‘‘Tis the season
Shrimping basics. GOFC buttonless shirt works well – also note gloves and Gary’s Tackle Box webbed net with 30’ ripe.
- Catch and release
Virgil Cooper landed this 33 inch snook while triple tale fishing Cedar Key